1. What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on the Site, place an order, respond to communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for “personally identifiable information,” such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site without providing such information.
- We use IP addresses and session identifiers to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track user activities, to infer user interests, and to otherwise induce, deduce, and gather information about individual users and market segments.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our Site. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
2. How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Site, or use certain other Site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your Site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process and/or track your transactions.
- To administer a promotion, survey or other Site feature.
- To perform business analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of our business, our services and the products we offer.
- In accordance with your consent.
3. Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We generally do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described herein. The term “outside parties” does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. In the event that we sell our company, or otherwise transfer any assets of our company, we may provide your information to the purchaser so that you may continue the relationship or business with us and our products. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
4. Correction/Updating Personal Information
You can correct or update your personally identifiable information by re-registering or by contacting us by electronic-mail [email@example.com] or by telephone [201.580.2700].
5. Do we use “cookies”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our Site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your Site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
6. Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Identropy follows generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use such Personal Information. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot warrant or guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage in our systems.
7. Opt Out
You may opt out from having your personally identifiable information used or disclosed for certain purposes by sending an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. [If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these emails by clicking “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of any marketing email you receive.]
8. Transfer of Personally Identifiable Information outside of the U.S.
Please be aware that your personally identifiable information may be accessed from, transferred to, processed, and stored in any country where we have facilities or engage service providers. By using our services or providing us with any personal information through the services, you consent to the transfer, processing and storage of your personal and non-personal information in countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, where the data protection and other laws might be different from those in your country.
9. Privacy and Third Party Links
10. Online Policy Only
11. Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about this Site. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to this Site to email@example.com.
12. Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2009 will receive information regarding 2008 sharing activities).
To obtain this information from Identropy please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response. Not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
UPDATED AS OF [11/28/16]